Summer Institute Attendee Information
Please download the schedule here.
The 2019 Summer Institute on AI and Society will be taking place at the Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii) from July 21, 2019 to July 24, 2019. (Starting Sunday evening July 21, ending by mid-afternoon, Wednesday July 24).
Travel & Accommodation
All travel should be booked by the registrant directly.
Participants hotel accommodations will be booked at The Westin Edmonton (10135 100 Street) by Amii for check in on July 21, 2019 at 3pm and check out on July 24, 2019 at 12pm. Participants will be able to adjust their reservations after receiving the booking confirmation in mid-June. Participants who reside in the Greater Edmonton Area are not applicable for accommodations. Participants are financially responsible for their own incidentals.
If you require support by the way of childcare, please let us know in the Registration Form and we will assist in making arrangements.
Parking & Directions
Getting here by Edmonton Transit System
- LRT (Light Rail Train): there is an LRT stop near the Amii office; the station is called Central Station.
- Bus: there are many bus stops within a couple blocks the Amii office in downtown Edmonton; we suggest using Google Maps for the best route.
Getting here by car
From Edmonton International Airport to Amii:
- Get on AB-2 N from AB-19 E
- Follow AB-2 N to Gateway Blvd
- Continue straight to stay on Gateway Blvd
- Turn right onto Saskatchewan Dr NW
- Use the middle lane to turn sharply left onto Queen Elizabeth Park Rd
- Turn right onto 95 Ave NW (signs for Rossdale Road)
- Continue straight onto 103 St NW
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn slightly right onto Bellamy Hill Rd NW
- Turn right onto Jasper Ave
- Amii – 10065 Jasper Avenue, #1101
Parking near Amii:
- Here is a link to parking close by