All of the lectures will be taking place in 1-430 CCIS at the University of Alberta.
Parking & Directions
Getting here by Edmonton Transit System
- LRT (Light Rail Train): there is an LRT stop at the University of Alberta; the station is called University.
- Bus: there is a bus terminal at the University; we suggest using Google Maps for the best route.
Getting here by car
From Edmonton International Airport:
- Get on AB-2 N from AB-19 E
- Follow AB-2 N to Gateway Blvd
- Continue straight to stay on Gateway Blvd
- Turn left onto 76 Ave NW
- Turn right onto 109 St NW
- Turn left onto 87 Ave NW
- Turn right onto 110 St NW
- Continue (slight left) onto Saskatchewan Dr NW
- Turn left onto 116 St NW
- Windsor Car Park is on your left
- Windsor Car Park
9217 116 Street NW
Hourly (Visitors): $4.50/hr
Daily Max Rate (Mon-Fri):
Weekend/Stat Holiday Daily Max: $5.50
Each day you will be provided light continental breakfast, lunch and coffee break snacks.
Travel & Accommodation
All travel and accommodation should be booked by the registrant directly. For recommended accommodation options, please see below:
Off-campus accommodation: The Westin Edmonton
- Located at 10135 100 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0N7
- Our preferred rate is valid if accommodations are booked before June 15, 2019
- Please follow to book: reservation link
Off-campus accommodation: Airbnb
- Our team has gathered a list of suggested Airbnb locations: Accommodations near the University of Alberta
University of Alberta – Lister Centre
To reserve a room on the UAlberta campus, either:
- Download, print, and fill out this Accommodation Reservation Form
- Fill out this PDFfiller form and either download or email it to yourself
Then fax your completed reservation form to 780-492-5597 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our preferred rate is valid if accommodations are booked before June 15, 2019
If you require childcare during the summer school program, you will need to make arrangements yourself by directly contacting a childcare provider.
Bilingue daycare is conveniently located near the University of Alberta and provides breakfast snack, lunch and afternoon snacks. Their hours are Monday to Friday 07:30 to 15:30, however with advance notice they are prepared to care for children outside those hours (including weekends).
- Rate: $50/day
- To book, contact Rose at email@example.com
Photography & Videography
Throughout the summer school we will have a team of photographers and videographers onsite to capture footage and stills.
Have questions or need help?
Reach out on Slack!